ZPG owns and operates some of the UK`s most-trusted digital platforms. Our brands help both consumers and our partners to understand the market and make smarter decisions. The ZPG Group benefits from its multi-brand, multi-channel approach and each of our brands has a distinct market position with an unrivalled proposition.
Summary of Role
The data team at ZPG is a newly formed division which serves the group of brands in 3 areas. It provides data governance. It ensures good (Big) data processes and it draws value from the data through big data analytics for the purpose of personalisation, monetisation, and product optimization.
Data is fundamental to how ZPG operates, and it is vital that the data we have is available to those who need it quickly, clearly and accurately. By allowing our data scientists and owners to quickly review, analyse and dive into the data we collect - as we collect it - we allow them to provide not only great service to our customers, but also great tools and experiences to everyone within ZPG.
As a Software Engineer in Quality Assurance you will have a passion for delivering high quality systems. You will play a critically important role in our data engineering teams. You`ll be a part the feature delivery planning process and working directly with the engineers to deliver innovative, best in class software for our customers in a streamlined fashion.
- Working as part of a self-organised data engineering team to deliver tools and technology as needed
- You will be responsible for testing the quality of the software that our engineers and/or data scientists produce
- Apart from the quality of the code, you will also use your advanced analytical skills to test the accuracy of the data that is produced by the team.
- Improve yours and your peers` knowledge and skills in development and testing methodologies
- Your designs will include identifying user scenarios, establishing quality criteria and building test automation harnesses that will allow complex testing to be performed for the tools produced by our data engineering team. Additionally, when applicable, integration tests will need to be written. Where providing value, end to end and closed data set tests will be required.
- Because of your understanding of business success criteria, you will assist the BA in estimation, creating stories, and provide extra business clarification to the engineers.
- You will provide high quality reporting on product readiness and verify proper testing coverage and procedures both independently and collectively in a team environment.
- Experience of database technologies such as SQL and NoSQL on multiple projects
- Proficient knowledge in one or more of the following languages: SQL, Java, Python, Node, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud services platform, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Proficient with data structures, algorithms, and systems architecture
- General understanding of databases
- Experience with testing practices, processes and artefact creation, and user acceptance testing.
- Knowledge of working with deployment / development pipeline platform such as Jenkins
- A strong desire to automate testing and learn new techniques and processes
- Knowledge of estimation and task breakdown along with long term planning in an agile environment
- Knowledge of VCS tools such as Git
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- History of working with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB
- Background of working with multiple data scientists and architects or in a data centric environment
- Development experience using TDD or BDD
- Experience of working with various Cloud technologies like AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted property and household-related digital brands including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Money and Hometrack. ZPG is also a leading provider of back office solutions for estate agents across the UK with a range of market-leading products including Alto, Jupix, ExpertAgent, Technicweb, Ravensworth PropertyFile and MoveIT.
ZPG helps empower smarter property and household decisions. It has an unrivalled proposition with its websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using its services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.