Senior Devops Data Engineer - AWS
Summary of Role
The Big Data Platform is at the heart of ZPG`s transformation into a data driven consumer centric company. It provides access to our data lake, filled with diverse sources of content, usage, profile, transactional, and behavioural data from across all our brands. The platform provides storage, big-data compute, ad-hoc analytical data access, workflow pipeline management, and data access services for both existing applications and new experiments. It provides the facilities used by data science and engineering teams across the organization to apply analytics and deep learning techniques to derive the insights that empower the analytical community.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will build out the big data platform and work with Agile engineering teams to provide production insight into running and operating software at-scale in a globally distributed highly available cloud based system.
You will play a hands-on role helping the team meet ambitious technical, operational, and business requirements. The ideal candidate will be a systems thinker with a passion for creating products that deliver incredible customer experiences and have deep experience with operational automation, data driven metrics collection, and a true desire to automate it rather than do it repeatedly.
- Build, test, operate and improve the server and service infrastructure on AWS.
- Implement and maintain industry best-practise for automated configuration, management and security.
- Implement the benefits of automated testing and continuous integration.
- Design and maintain monitoring, measuring and alerting systems.
- Evaluate software performance - optimisation / failover resilience and guide the team in choosing the right profile hardware for the application.
- Working closely with our software engineers and data scientists to design and implement the infrastructure for large-scale data analysis and data products
- Research and recommend new technologies and features, keeping the business up to date with the state of the art in system technologies.
- Works closely with the data science team to ensure the big data architecture enables the machine learning algorithms which power the product
- Share On-Call rotations with the rest of the software engineering team.