ZPG owns and operates some of the UK`s most-trusted digital platforms. Our brands help both consumers and our partners to understand the market and make smarter decisions. The ZPG Group benefits from its multi-brand, multi-channel approach and each of our brands has a distinct market position with an unrivalled proposition.
Group Data Team
The Big Data Platform is at the heart of ZPG`s transformation into a data driven consumer centric company. It provides access to our data lake, filled with diverse sources of content, usage, profile, transactional, and behavioural data from across all our brands. The platform provides storage, big-data compute, ad-hoc analytical data access, workflow pipeline management, and data access services for both existing applications and new experiments. It provides the facilities used by data science and engineering teams across the organization to apply analytics and deep learning techniques to derive the insights that empower the analytical community.
We`re looking for an innovative, passionate, and talented technical lead to help build out our advanced analytics, real-time big data platform. You will work closely with the business and an enthusiastic data team made up of other talented engineers, analysts and data scientists. You will help influence and steer how we utitlize technology, draw the most value from the data we capture and implement business critical solutions.
- Designing, prototyping, and implementing robust big-data applications using best-practice agile development processes
- Using out of the box, creative thinking, contribute to the design of new data products
- Building and leading a high-performance, tight-knit, agile, quality-focused team
- Fostering a team culture of innovation, pride in the craft, and mutual respect
- Leading from the front and bringing the team with you
- Providing technical and architectural oversight across multiple projects simultaneously
- Supporting the track by removing obstacles and helping the rest of the team deliver their stories
- A passionate senior software engineer with a minimum of five years commercial software engineering experience delivering server-side applications
- Excellent programming skills on the JVM with either Java 8 or Scala
- Experience in real-time analytics and streaming platforms (Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a certain degree of uncertainty
- Comfortable working with SQL / NoSQL
- An advocate of agile practices for rapid development of quality software, such as CI, TDD, and automated deployment
- Comfortable learning new technologies, languages, and tools on the job, to ensure that the product is not left behind in a rapidly evolving ecosystem
- A positive, collaborative mindset and a desire to deliver real business value to the customer
- Experience modelling and evolving complex data structures
- Real passion for big data and streaming technologies
- An ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business, not afraid to raise questions and help us improve.
- Experience using Amazon Web Service
- Experience with graph databases like Neo4j
- Experience running machine learning pipelines in production
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted property and household-related digital brands including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Money and Hometrack. ZPG is also a leading provider of back office solutions for estate agents across the UK with a range of market-leading products including Alto, Jupix, ExpertAgent, Technicweb, Ravensworth PropertyFile and MoveIT.
ZPG helps empower smarter property and household decisions. It has an unrivalled proposition with its websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using its services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.