Hometrack, now part of the ZPG group, is the UK`s leading automated valuation provider, and a major player in the property data industry. We provide over 50 million automated valuations every year, serve 17 of the top 20 UK lenders, and we`re the first choice for property market intelligence.
This is all underpinned by high-quality data processes, analytical excellence, and solid engineering.
And that`s where you come in. Hometrack is expanding rapidly into new clients and new markets, and we`re integrating with new partners. To deliver those new solutions and branch out to new areas we`re embracing agile operations, and we are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and highly competent DevOps engineer to join our small and capable engineering team.
We`re a dynamic and fast-moving team that prides itself on accountability and self-organisation.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with QA and Application Engineering teams to design, build and maintain application solutions in our datacentre and AWS
- Resolve technical issues in production and back-office systems
- Lead our efforts in implementing robustness, monitoring and alerting on production systems
- Work with QA and Application Engineering team to migrate our applications and back-office to an Elastic architecture in AWS
- Deploy application releases and champion deployment automation
- Set up CI and CD across all Hometrack applications
- Participate in engineering team SCRUM standups
- Document best practices and operations processes
- Work with Ops to run a high-available and cost-effective infrastructure estate
- 5 years` experience working in Agile software development
- Analytical thinker and creative problem-solver
- Passion for creating scalable and high-performing solutions
- Can-do attitude, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess an eye for detail and are a meticulous worker
- Ability to learn new technologies and toolsets
- Manage multiple priorities and stakeholder expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders outside the Engineering team
- Windows OS
- Powershell, Node, scripting languages
- AWS - Compute, Networking, Storage, DB, Deployment
- .NET stack - IIS, C#, .Net Core
- Understanding of app scalability/performance - multi-threading, concurrency, parallelism, caching strategies
- Understanding of security - encryption in transit and at rest
- CI and CD tools - TFS, TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus
- Containers, e.g. Docker, Kubernetics
- Monitoring and alerting tools, e.g. PRTG
Working with us:
We`re based in a vibrant area that`s full of history. Built on the site of the old Courage brewery, our "Cooperage" offices are located right next to Tower Bridge on the south side of the Thames.
Our workplace has a free gym, games room, in-house barista and free breakfasts / snacks. These are just part of an extensive wider benefits package that includes a generous contributory pension, bonus schemes, life assurance and much more.
About ZPG Plc (www.zpg.co.uk)
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted property and household-related digital brands including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Money and Hometrack.
ZPG helps empower smarter property and household decisions. It has an unrivalled proposition with its websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using its services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.