Property Software Group
The Property Software Group is the UK`s largest supplier of software solutions to the property industry and is part of ZPG Property Services. Approximately 40,000 agents from 8,000 estate & letting agency branches use our software, supported by our team of over 240 staff operating from four UK locations.
As one of our senior system administrators working within the Infrastructure team you will be responsible for the general maintenance, support and availability of our application platforms. You will play a key role in the delivery of our infrastructure roadmap, supporting the business to develop, create and deliver world class applications for our customers and can expect to be involved in every step of our delivery process from provisioning development environments, build and test infrastructure, automated deployment systems and proactive system and application monitoring.
You will be assisting the Infrastructure and product teams to review, implement and manage sustainable delivery pipelines which are fit for purpose across the multiple product teams within the business, acting as a platform and pipeline SME.
The successful candidate is likely to have a strong background in Software Development, Systems Administration or Systems Architecture from within a company developing or hosting SaaS platforms
- Work with the wider Infrastructure team who own the setup / maintenance and support of the software delivery pipelines used by multiple products.
- Maintain and develop our production On-Premise and Cloud Infrastructure
- Participate in the ongoing proactive and reactive system maintenance
- Identify ways to improve security, scalability, performance and reliability of our application platforms
- Act as one of our SME`s for the platforms and delivery pipelines you will support
- Daily monitoring of the systems; identify and implement the best technical solutions, system upgrades, as well as seeking innovative ways to simplify and where possible automate system administration tasks
- Keep up to date with new technologies and analyse their possible use within our platforms
- Carryout occasional work out of standard business hours when maintaining systems, deploying new servers or responding to any issues that occur.
- Document system design and procedures ensuring documentation and procedures are always up to date
- Actively participate in the IT on-call rota
- Provide accurate estimates for effort required to complete work assignments.
- Supporting, mentoring and helping others within the team
- You will be the main face of infrastructure within target product teams
- Well-rounded knowledge of virtualisation, cloud based systems and SaaS
- Experience with AWS and Cloud configuration and automation (AWS CLI, Ansible, etc.)
- Experienced or familiarity with the setup and maintenance of CI / CD tools like Team City, Jenkins, Ansible or Salt.
- Expert in the setup and maintenance of systems using Ubuntu, Nginx, Systemd, rabbit, logfiles, Kabana, elastic search, PHP configuration.
- Excellent Linux skills, and experience with operating systems such as Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu etc.
- Experience with the following: Bash, Shell, PHP, Python or similar scripting languages
- Experienced with MySQL/MariaDB
- Teamwork and Collaboration: High sense of ownership and urgency with experience in working in a team to get the job done and deliver upon the objectives and goals of the business.
- Experience with setting up, monitoring and managing source control platforms in use by multiple product teams.
- Experienced developing and managing server build systems and system upgrades
- Demonstrable experience of troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Experience working with developers in a dev-ops environment
- A quick learner of new technologies and able to provide technical guidance on their use across the wider team
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted property and household-related digital brands including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Money and Hometrack.
ZPG helps empower smarter property and household decisions. It has an unrivalled proposition with its websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using its services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.