Software Engineer (Frontend)
Zoopla is looking for skilled and enthusiastic frontend software engineers to join our team in building some of the UK`s most popular brands. Our award winning websites attract over 50 million visits per month, and our engineering team are at the forefront of it.
It`s an exciting time for us on the frontend as we`re redeveloping our whole site to a unified responsive design served by a new Node.js / Express / Handlebars architecture. Our platform is built on Amazon Web Services and utilises Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
You`ll be part of a cross-functional agile team that typically comprises frontend and backend developers, QA, UX and visual designers and a product owner. Teams choose the methodology that best suits them and have regular planning, retro and demo sessions.
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team to deliver new features for the Zoopla websites.
- Work with UX and visual designers to take creative concepts from early stages through to live pages, building engaging websites and user interfaces
- Ensure high performance web experiences across mobile and desktop devices
- Apply best practices for accessibility and SEO
- Work well in a team context adapting to and influencing team practices
- HTML: semantic markup for flexible reuse and accessibility
- CSS: good understanding of modern techniques and recent CSS advances
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with Agile development practices
- Responsive Design: using progressive enhancement and mobile-first approaches to create experiences that work everywhere and for everyone
- Good knowledge of unit and functional testing
- Some familiarity with Node.js
- Knowledge of automation using npm
- Solid understanding of UX concerns with the ability to provide feedback to designers to improve prototypes and designs
- Experience with medium to large web development projects, working in a team that includes front and backend developers, product owners, QA testers, and UX/visual design specialists
- Good understanding of Git
- Experience with Node.js, Express and templating engines such as Handlebars
- CSS processing e.g. Sass, PostCSS, Less etc.
- Working with public and private RESTful APIs
- No stranger to the command line
Working with us:
We`re based in a vibrant area that`s full of history. Built on the site of the old Courage brewery, our "Cooperage" offices are located right next to Tower Bridge on the south side of the Thames.
Our workplace has a free gym, games room, in-house barista and free breakfasts / snacks. These are just part of an extensive wider benefits package that includes a generous contributory pension, bonus schemes, life assurance and much more.
About ZPG Plc (www.zpg.co.uk)
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted property and household-related digital brands including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Money and Hometrack.
ZPG helps empower smarter property and household decisions. It has an unrivalled proposition with its websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using its services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.