Property Software Group
The Property Software Group is the UK`s largest supplier of software solutions to the property industry and is part of ZPG Property Services. Approximately 40,000 agents from 8,000 estate & letting agency branches use our software, supported by our team of over 240 staff operating from four UK locations.
The Developer DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our platforms. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the SQL Servers used in our products, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health, availability and performance), a key aspect of this role will require analysis and monitoring of the SQL server production systems identifying issues and areas for improvement, both within SQL Server itself and within the applications, working with the relevant development teams or 3rd parties to deliver continuous improvement. The successful candidate should also expect to work closely with the development teams by participating in code reviews and reviewing upcoming deployments or projects and providing expert guidance and advice.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution E2E
- Participate in code reviews and provide operation feedback and guidance to development teams
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Participate in scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Strong demonstrable MS SQL Server Administration and Development experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native and bespoke monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Ability to manage work and effectively switch context between activities and teams
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced software delivery environment
- Experience with application development / design
- Experience of .NET development (C#)
- Experience with fault identification and triage
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted property and household-related digital brands including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Money and Hometrack. ZPG is also a leading provider of back office solutions for estate agents across the UK with a range of market-leading products including Alto, Jupix, ExpertAgent, Technicweb, Ravensworth PropertyFile and MoveIT.
ZPG helps empower smarter property and household decisions. It has an unrivalled proposition with its websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using its services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.