The Property Software Group is the UK`s largest supplier of software solutions to the property industry and is part of ZPG Property Services. Approximately 40,000 agents from 8,000 estate & letting agency branches use our software, supported by our team of over 240 staff operating from four UK locations.
PropertyFile is our latest product launch, with its API, mobile app and online software providing a 24/7 tool to agents and their clients, helping improve how properties are rented and sold in the UK. It`s an exciting and innovative proposition that will help shape the future of the sector.
We are looking to add a full-time, Senior QA to our PropertyFile product team to help design and own our QA practices and frameworks. You will be responsible for continuing to develop a highly scalable and rock-solid QA process.
You will be the lead QA for the PropertyFile product, responsible for formalizing and executing a clear test strategy, ensuring our releases are of the highest quality each time we ship code. You will ensure that test plans are in place and the product development team are following good testing practices. Away from the release cycle, you will identify ways to help improve and grow the automation test coverage for regression checking of the product, you will measure and assess scalability performance, and you will triage issues captured within the product via testing, or reported by users of the system. Owning QA for PropertyFile, you will ensure you keep key stakeholders informed of the progress of the quality aspects of the project.
Working in an Agile process, and being a fully remote team, we encourage active collaboration through Slack and video conferencing in Hangouts, including show and tell sessions, sprint demos and retrospectives.
You will demonstrate a passion for building high quality products for end users, and a scientific approach to exploring and understanding the system. You have an aptitude and enjoyment for troubleshooting complex problems with distributed systems. Technically curious, you`re keen to stay up to date with contemporary QA practices.
You will be self-promoting, and keen to collaborate with the wider delivery team to ensure the solutions and benefits are realised and supported by the delivery teams. You will also demonstrate a highly organized and detail-oriented work approach.
You have a dedicated and private space to enable home working without interruptions, as well as being able to travel to our office in London once a week.
What you get from us
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunity to work remotely for most of the week with flexible hours. We`re more interested in a high quality product than a regimented 9 to 5.
- Direct involvement and the ability to influence the project`s future direction. We are a team; everyone`s opinion is important.
What we need from you
- Good understanding of at least one coding language and demonstrable experience with good coding practices
- A strong understanding of test planning techniques which includes;
- Defining a test strategy, taking into consideration the functional and non-functional requirements of the solution.
- Work with Product Owner, BA and Developers to define Acceptance tests that exercise the various scenarios in a Story
- Work with developers to review unit and integration test coverage
- Define and track towards feature sign off
- Ownership of quality deliverables of the project from the beginning to end delivery
- Exploratory testing
- Creation and maintenance of regression test scripts
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with a focus on reducing ambiguity
- A willingness to grow technical capability in line with the evolving product team requirements, for example automation of regression testing
This will give you bonus points
- Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud hosting platform
- Experience designing and implementing an automation test framework
About ZPG Plc (www.zpg.co.uk)
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted property and household-related digital brands including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Money and Hometrack.
ZPG helps empower smarter property and household decisions. It has an unrivalled proposition with its websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using its services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.