We are looking for a UI design facilitator, collaborator and leader with lots of emotional intelligence and good co-creation experience working with developers, content writers, analysts, product managers and other designers - to find the best product design UI solutions. You will have a well-rounded understanding of the design process - always thinking broadly, producing work that inspires, and on-brand. You`re confident in your ability to deliver exceptional consumer-friendly UI design across different mediums, demonstrating a solid understanding of responsive principles. You have experience in line-management of a second designer or a small team of 2 or 3 designers and/or you can clearly demonstrate you have the right attitude and other relevant experience to do this.
This role is 2-fold: You`ll work hands-on as part of an autonomous multi-disciplinary product stream designing and developing ground-up responsive web and mobile experiences, for an awesome brand with an evolving service. Alongside this, you`ll belong to a healthy design collective, looked after by our Head of User Experience & Design, here you will look after, inspire and empower our UI design team of 3.
You`re responsible for ...
- Inspired UI design direction
- Ensuring the UI team have a collective understanding of initiatives across all product streams
- Ensuring the UI team work in a fully communicative and coherent manner inside and outside of their respective product stream
- Coordinating and contributing to our design standards and pattern library for new products and propositions, as part of a design collective
- Working to and informing brand guidelines, inputting to these and iterating when needed
- Working closely with your team and other stakeholders to design product UI and interactions from concept through to implementation and iteration
- Following an insight driven and data informed, user-centred approach to design
- Using whatever techniques/materials are needed to support your design and test processes, for example: competitor analysis, sketches and scribbles, prototypes, atomic design etc.
- Supporting your stream`s objectives and wider business objectives to improve key metrics that ultimately increase revenue and profit
- Participating in ongoing conversations with other work streams across the business
- Practical, commercial experience in UCD-driven UI design
- Exposure to and a basic understanding of various research methods
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mobile, iOS, Android and responsive web platforms
- Good commercial experience at high volumes with a focus on conversion, clientside is a bonus
- Requirement analysis
- Stakeholder management
- Experience working in an Agile and/or Lean UX process
- Expertise in the software you use E.g. Sketch, Zeplin, Invision
- Experience incorporating SEO requirements into design
- Inspired ability to organise and manage designers and design processes
In addition, you have these personal attributes ...
- You`ve an innate interest and passion for design and how it can be used to improve people`s lives, focused on consumer needs and goals
- You are a creative thinker, offering alternative design concepts and techniques to design and development outstanding UI
- You`ve great interpersonal skills. You`re down-to-earth, pragmatic, flexible and adaptable with lots of emotional intelligence
- You can work effectively and react quickly to change
- Proactive, positive and upbeat, with a sense of ownership
About ZPG Plc (www.zpg.co.uk)
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted property and household-related digital brands including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Money and Hometrack.
ZPG helps empower smarter property and household decisions. It has an unrivalled proposition with its websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using its services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.