The Property Software Group is the UK`s largest supplier of software solutions to the property industry and is part of ZPG Property Services. Approximately 40,000 agents from 8,000 estate & letting agency branches use our software, supported by our team of over 240 staff operating from four UK locations.
PropertyFile is our latest product launch, with its API, mobile app and online software providing a 24/7 tool to agents to communicate with their clients. It`s an exciting and innovative proposition that will help shape the future of the sector.
We are looking to add a full-time, PHP software developer to our PropertyFile product team to help bring our API to the next level. Now that we have successfully launched our MVP, we need your help to continue developing a highly scalable and rock-solid platform using the standard mix of PHP, Linux, Nginx and MySQL (MariaDB) databases.
Working in an Agile process, after our daily stand-up we mostly leave you in peace to code. Being a fully remote team, we encourage active collaboration through Slack and video conferencing in Hangouts, including pair programming, show and tell sessions, sprint demos and retrospectives.
You will be excited by the prospect of working within an agile team delivering a constantly evolving, innovative product.
You have strong Object Orientated PHP skills and experience writing API`s and web applications, and you understand the benefit of automated testing to ensure the quality of the software. You are not afraid of experimenting with new technologies and are passionate about writing high quality code.
You have a dedicated and private space to enable home working without interruptions, as well as being able to travel to our office in London once a week.
Ideally, you have access to examples of previous work (although we understand that sometimes you can`t really "see" the backend) and you are willing for us to approach your previous employers or clients to request testimonials or references.
What you get from us
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunity to work remotely for most of the week with flexible hours. We`re more interested in high quality code and consistency than a regimented 9 to 5.
- Direct involvement and the ability to influence the project`s future direction. We are a team; everyone`s opinion is important.
What we need from you
- Strong OOP & MVC experience with PHP
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Familiar with the concepts TDD, BDD and DDD
- Exposure to automated testing
- Exposure to caching mechanisms and performance optimisation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management - we won`t keep prodding you with a stick, but still expect deadlines to be met
This will give you bonus points
- Experience developing customer facing APIs
- Experience developing mobile apps
- Exposure to AWS services
About ZPG Plc (www.zpg.co.uk)
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted property and household-related digital brands including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Money and Hometrack.
ZPG helps empower smarter property and household decisions. It has an unrivalled proposition with its websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using its services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.