Hometrack is the leading provider of Automated Valuation Models (AVMs), housing data and analysis to UK lenders, estate agents, government, developers and other key players in the housing market. The company was founded in 1999 and since January 2017 it has become part of ZPG.
Hometrack is seeking to appoint a Quantitative Analyst who has a deep understanding of statistics, mathematics or another quantitative discipline and ideally 2 or more years` work experience in applying complex analytics to business solutions.
- Conduct detailed analyses and quantitative modelling of property, mortgage and risk data
- Own key strands of R&D activity, most importantly enhance the algorithmic elements and statistical performance of the AVM and other related products
- Develop analytical models from concept to prototype. This includes different modelling techniques such as statistical regression (scorecard building) and cash flow modelling.
- Collaborate with the Engineering function to aid the deployment of complex algorithmic designs and their progression from prototype to production release
- Provide statistical / mathematical support to the business
- High-calibre degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or another scientific discipline, an advanced degree is preferred
- 2+ years` hands-on experience applying the above within a business environment, ideally in the context of scorecard development / credit risk
- Experience with leading statistical software packages and programming languages, coupled with excellent knowledge of T-SQL (essential) and ideally SSIS
- Good knowledge of probability theory, statistics and calculus
- Experience of working in a data-rich environment with data mining techniques and predictive analytics, e.g. some of the following: sampling, linear regression, logistic regression, time-series analysis, clustering, neural networks, genetic algorithms etc...
- Ability to cleanse and analyse large sets of data, identify trends, and develop and validate quantitative models
- Creative thinking, initiative, and outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Strenuous attention to detail and strong emphasis on methodological integrity
ZPG Plc (LSE:ZPG) ("ZPG") owns and operates some of the UK`s most trusted home-related digital platforms including Zoopla, uSwitch, PrimeLocation, Hometrack and Property Software Group. Our mission is to provide the most useful resources for consumers when finding, moving or managing their home and be the most effective partner for related businesses.
We help consumers to understand the property and home services comparison markets and make smarter decisions, whilst helping professionals to win more business and operate more effectively. Our multi-brand, multi-channel approach creates a unique and unrivalled proposition with our websites and mobile apps attracting over 50 million visits per month and over 25,000 business partners using our services.
ZPG was founded in 2007 and has a highly experienced management team, led by Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.