Job Title: HR Assistant
Reporting to (title): Senior HR Business Partner
Location: Tower Bridge, SE1
Working pattern: Full Time, Permanent
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, you will be responsible for providing general administrative assistance to the HR Operations team on a day to day basis.
You must have a keen eye for detail, love number crunching, have outstanding admin skills and be highly organised. You`ll be at ease working through the routine, yet necessary HR administrative processes, as well as having a flair for picking up new queries and be solutions focussed. This is a key role within a relatively small department so it`s important that you don`t mind getting your sleeves rolled up and helping the team deal with any `hot spots`. This is an incredibly fast-paced environment so you need to thrive in a culture where you get things done quickly - but accurately. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that wants to develop their career within the HR field as you`ll be the first port of call for HR queries, which will give you a great level of exposure to different aspects of HR including Payroll and Employee Relations to increase your knowledge. As an HR function, we continue to evolve to meet the needs of our rapidly expanding Company. So if you want to help shape and influence our team by bringing exciting an innovative approaches to HR administration, this will be right up your street.
- Issuing contracts of employment, managing pre-employment checks and other essential admin that follows the employee life cycle
- Managing our HR mailbox ensuring emails are responded to within defined SLA`s.
- Managing day to day enquiries from employees in a professional and timely manner
- Providing an exceptional level of service to all of our stakeholders
- Carrying out induction meetings for new joiners
- Managing the process for leavers, including coordinating exit interviews
- Managing the payroll process for Comparison Services (uSwitch)
- To manage ad-hoc HR projects and to support other members of the HR team where appropriate
- Provide general administrative support and diary management for the HR team, where appropriate
- To be passionate about providing an outstanding level of service to our colleagues
- To act as an ambassador for the HR team
- To have a proven ability to manage confidential/sensitive information with a suitable degree of discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An eye for detail is essential. You must be able to spot a double space a mile off!
- Proven experience of working effectively in fast paced team
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise and meet often challenging deadlines
- Able to cope well under pressure
- You`ll be comfortable using Excel to a good level
Desired (if required):
- A recognised HR qualification would be helpful